Carrot, Chai, Ginger, Chestnut And Coconut Soup
- 400 g of peeled carrots
- 200 g butternut squash
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 200 g roasted chestnut bottle
- 2 table spoons of fresh minced ginger
- 1 cup vegetable stock + 2 cups Chaï tea
- 1 natural coconut yoghurt (or 10 cl coconut milk)
- 1 to 2 table spoons of Shiro Miso Celnat or any other miso
- zest of 1 organic orange
- spices: cumin, raz-el-hanout and cinnamon as per taste
- around ten sage leaves
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
– Dice the carrots and butternut squash.
– Peel and crush the garlic and shallots.
– Peel and crush the ginger.
– Transfer the ingredients that you have prepared to cook in your steamer, when the water boils for 15 to 20 minutes, the vegetables should be tender.
– Take a big casserole, and add the chestnut, the coconut yoghurt and tea, the shiro miso, spices as per taste and the cooked vegetables.
– Mix until you get a smooth and creamy soup.
– Add a little stock or chaï tea, if required depending on the desired texture.
– For crispy sage leaves, heat coconut oil in a pan.
– Add the sage leaves for 3-4 minutes, they should be crispy. Keep them aside in paper towel.
– Pour the soup in bowls, add some chestnut kibble, a little coconut yoghurt, dash of Emile Noël sesame oil som orange zests and crispy sage leaves.
– Serve immediately and enjoy!!!